Student Services

Student Services Staff

Student Services: 410-313-2883 | Twitter: @MTHStudentServ
Veronica Valentine | Counselor, A-Ce Instructional Team Leader |
Allison Downey | Guidance Counselor, Li-Pa |
Monique Flores | Guidance Counselor, H-Le |
Tina Flynn | Guidance Counselor, Ch-G |
Cheryl Grimes | BSAP Liaison |
Jamie Kim | International Achievement Liaison |
John Klyap | Psychologist |
Patricia Marton | Guidance Counselor, Sk - Z |
Linda Mathias | Secretary | | 410-313-2883
Patrick Miles | Guidance Counselor, Pe-Si |
Betsy Rice | PPW |
Kim Tracy | Registrar .5 |
Sheila Winters | Registrar |
Jason DiCerbo | School Resource Officer |


8th grade parent scheduling presentation
A timeline to help juniors plan for the big decisions ahead!
Helpful dates related to course registration for the 2018-2019 school year!
AP Exam information is listed here!
If you want information from the 8th Grade Orientation, including extracurricular activities and athletics, click here!

Department Goal

The goal of our department is to provide outstanding service to all students, parents and staff members. Contact your school counselor for assistance with college and career preparation, college recommendations, assistance with signing onto the Naviance/Family Connections program, scheduling concerns, graduation requirements, HSA/PARCC information, SAT/PSAT testing preparation, financial aid, personal or emotional concerns.

All students MUST have an appointment to see their counselor. To make an appointment with their counselor, students should sign up on the clipboard that is posted outside their counselor's office. Once you sign up for a time, a bright green pass will be sent. You can also email or call your counselor for an appointment.

Twitter account link  @MTHStudentServ

Additional Resources

College Resources

Accident and Medical Insurance

Accident Insurance

The school system does not carry medical insurance for accidents that occur at school, including non-sport related injuries, such as trips and falls, physical education injuries, and recess/playground injuries. Thus, parents are encouraged to enroll students in the accident insurance program offered through HCPSS.

Learn more about how to obtain accident insurance →

Medical Insurance

The Maryland Children’s Health Insurance Program (MCHIP) is available for families, pregnant women, and children in need of medical insurance. Applications are available through the school health assistant or by contacting the Howard County Health Department at 410-313-7500.

Find out more about qualifying for MCHIP →