July 10, 2017
WELCOME to the 2017-2018 school year at Mount Hebron High School! As I begin my twenty-first year in education, I am thrilled to be your new principal. I cannot wait to meet the students and I am ready for the year to start! I have met with many of our staff and am eager to meet with students, parents, and the community. This summer is going to be busy as we work hard to get ready for a terrific school year. Our goal is to provide an engaging positive school climate for your child while graduating them College and Career ready. While rigor and performance are important, our focus is also on their well being. We want students challenged but not overwhelmed. Together, with parents, students and staff, let’s build our future.
As you prepare for the start of school, I encourage you to visit our website at http://mhhs.hcpss.org/. Bus lists will not be on our school’s website, but they are usually at www.hcpss.org or published in the Howard County Times the Thursday before school starts. You can also follow MHHS on Twitter at https://twitter.com/hcpss_MHHS.
With the start of a new school year, I am constantly reminded of how quickly time passes. That’s why it is so important that we make every day count for our students. I look forward to meeting each of you at our many events throughout the school year. Please get involved. We have over ninety clubs for students to join and organizations for parents, such as our PTSA and Boosters. We have Board positions currently open. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in helping with our Viking Boosters program and firstname.lastname@example.org to help with our PTSA. You can access all of our Parent Advocacy Groups through our website. We would love the participation. If you have a need to contact the Athletic Director, you can call Ms. Prevosto directly at 410-313-2885. If you need Student Services, you can contact them directly at 410-313-2883.
I am planning on sending a biweekly newsletter on Fridays once school begins. If you have ANY good news to share, please email me at email@example.com! It is wonderful to celebrate our students and I’d like to do so at every opportunity. Please do not hesitate to call or email us with any questions. I cannot wait to meet the students!!!!!!!
Below are a few dates for you to reserve on your calendar.
Save the Date(s)
· August 18: Student schedules mailed home
· August 23: Safe Driver Presentation- 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm- location: Auditorium
· August 24: Fall Sports Orientation- 1:30 pm for students and 6:00 pm for parents (and
students) Location: Auditorium
· August 25: Viking Backers Bull Roast for Football- 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm at The Lodge in Catonsville
· August 31: New Student Orientation- 8:30 am to 10:15 am-location Auditorium
· August 31: Safe Driver Presentation- 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm- location: Auditorium
· September 2: Saturday Night Lights Football Home Opener vs. RHS 7:00 pm
· September 5: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
· September 6: Back to School Night- 6:00 pm
· September 9: Hebron Hula Dance- 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm: location: Gym
· October 8: Viking 5K-9:00 am
· October 9-October 14: Homecoming!
· October 11: PSAT