Students Services Information

Thu, 08/13/2020 - 12:19pm

Scroll down for FAQ Student Services Questions


  • Ms. Valentine, Grades 9-11, Last names beginning A-Cha
  • Ms. Flynn, Grades 9-11, Last names beginning Che-G
  • Ms. Flores, Grades 9-11, Last names beginning H-Le  
  • Ms. Downey, Grades 9-11, Last names beginning Li-N
  • Mr. Miles, Grades 9-11, Last names O-Sa                    
  • Ms. Dolan, Grades 9-11, Last names Sc-Z                   

Click HERE for a PDF with information on our 2021 Parent Night on Thursday January 7th.


Recovery of Learning Packets

Students with "Incomplete" grades from Q4 need to submit packets by 9/30.  Click HERE for more information.

Testing Updates Fall 2020 & Spring 2021

The following information is current as of August 30, 2020

PSAT/NMSQT - College Board is now offering a January administration of the PSAT/NMSQT. The HCPSS is canceling the October 14 administration and planning for the January 26 option for juniors. The January administration will still act as a qualifier for the National Merit Scholarship Program. Additional details will be provided as we near the January date. 

SAT/ACT - The school system will be proceeding with hosting upcoming Saturday administrations of the SAT/ACT. The schools registered for upcoming dates are listed below. Most colleges have gone “test optional” during COVID, but are still favoring admissions that have an SAT or ACT score. 

SAT Saturday Test Dates:

  • September 26, 2020 - Centennial, Glenelg, Oakland Mills, and Reservoir
  • October 3, 2020 - Centennial, Glenelg, Hammond, Mount Hebron, Oakland Mills, Reservoir, River Hill, and Wilde Lake

ACT Saturday Test Dates:

  • September 19, 2020 - Wilde Lake
  • October 24, 2020 - Wilde Lake

What if I need immediate help with depression, suicidal thoughts, or other serious mental health issues? Please contact:

  • Grassroots Crisis Intervention at 410-531-6677
  • The Maryland Crisis Hotline: Dial 211 and then choose option 1
  • The Crisis Text Line: Text 741741 and a trained counselor will respond.
  • The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255

I will be a senior next year; how do I find out information about college applications?

  • Counselors will be scheduling Senior Meetings over the summer. To schedule a meeting, please contact your counselor.
  • We will also be presenting to students during the very beginning of school the procedures for how students can request to have college application materials to the colleges they are applying. These sessions will either be held in the classroom or digitally should we remain online when school returns.

How do I request a transcript?

The process for requesting a transcript has changed for the 2020-2021 school year.  Please note, while HCPSS buildings are closed all transcripts will be sent electronically.  Seniors, please contact your School Counselor for the fillable Waiver of Right form and fillable Transcript Request Form.  These are the forms SENIORS will use to request transcripts for colleges, scholarships, etc.  Despite what it says on the forms, HCPSS will not be charging for transcripts at this time.  Please use the below links to request transcripts for any other reason:

This information will also be posted to the student CANVAS pages.

Who do I contact to register to come to Mt. Hebron High School?

  • Registrations are a multistep process, including online registration and contacting Ms. Sheila Winters or Ms. Kimberly Tracy, Registrars @ OR  One of the registrars will connect you with your child’s counselor to complete the process and develop a schedule

I need to complete the Attendance form from the MVA for my student's learner's permit

  • The MVA has a new form (DL-300A) and schools no longer need to sign/seal the form  – it is signed by the student and the parent only.  You can find the form HERE

​How can I get a copy of the Student Services Learning Hours Form?

  • Click HERE to get a downloadable copy of the form.