This page will be updated throughout the year. Check back for details!
AP Exams – A Guide for Mt. Hebron Parents
December 5, 2018
Thank you for supporting your child through the AP course experience. In 2018, 520 students took over 1,100 AP exams – that equates to 83% of students enrolled in an AP courses taking at least one exam. If your child plans to take the end-of-course exam, please take note of the following important information.
- Registration for AP exams occurs in March. Students must use their Naviance/Family Connections account to register. This is a county process, and registration is only open to student accounts. Talk with your child about the registration process in February.
- The cost is $94/exam. Payment must be made at the time of registration. After students submit the online Naviance registration, they are asked to submit a printed copy along with proof of payment (check, or print-out of online credit card payment).
- There is no discount for multiple exams.
- Fee waivers are available for students who meet certain financial need criteria. Details will be available in Naviance.
- Refunds are only issued for a short time, and are charged a $15 restocking fee and $9 unused exam fee. Refunds are issued after testing ends. If the student paid by check, the refund will be issued to the person who wrote the original check; if paid by credit card, the refund will be to the credit card, minus the fee, which is non-refundable.
- Students who do not show up for an exam will also be charged an additional $15 restocking fee.
- Exams are held off-site at Crossroads Church of the Nazarene (2750 Rogers Ave., Ellicott City, MD 21043). Students must provide their own transportation to and from the exam, so please plan accordingly. Exams are generally 3 ½ hours, and begin at 8am or 12pm (with students arriving 30 minutes prior). The schedule of exams can be found at: https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/courses/exam-dates-and-fees
- Students who can receive accommodations for disabilities must have approval from College Board to receive accommodations during AP exams. Work with your counselor prior to February to ensure this.
More information will be posted on the Mt. Hebron website in February regarding registration. Students will also receive printed instructions. An e-blast will be sent to parents when all of this is available.
If you have course-specific questions, please talk with your child’s teacher. If you have questions about any of the information on this handout, please reach out to the appropriate AP Coordinator:
- Dr. Melissa Kiehl - School-Based Coordinator - email@example.com or 410-313-2880
- Dr. Kiehl is the point of contact for questions about registration, or other issues leading up to the exam. She is a teacher in the building, and can be found in room 109.
- Mrs. Amy Comberiate – Testing-Site Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Comberiate is the point of contact during the two-week testing period. She will be on-site at Crossroads coordinating the testing, including accommodations. She is an English teacher on leave from Mt. Hebron.